- Excellent cryoembedding of small fragments including delicate tissues from Mohs surgery
- Eliminates freezing artefacts
- Rapid freezing time of only 60 seconds
- No liquid nitrogen, CO2, or isopentane
- Obtains perfectly ‘flat plane’ surfaces
The optimal frozen section begins with an evenly and completely frozen tissue block in which the block face to be sectioned is flat and includes a complete, full faced section of the tissue submitted.
- Standardised freezing: Freezing at -40°C for all types of tissues, even for those difficult to cut at the cryostat such as breast and lymph nodes.
- High throughput: Up to 6 samples can be frozen in parallel or in sequential order in less than 4 minutes.
- Faster sectioning: Reduced trimming time at the cryostat through planarity of specimen mounted in cryoembedding compound.
- Patented technique: Uses the patented ‘face down’ embedding technique to obtain perfectly ‘flat plane’ surfaces.
- Best operating procedure: Step by step application guidelines.
- Improved quality: Eliminates compression artefacts and retraction of tissues.
- High safety standards: HEPA cap filter for improved operator safety.
- Environmentally friendly: Advanced technology Stirling cooler uses Helium gas as a refrigerant in a sealed stainless steel chamber. No standard compressor, therefore no CFC.
- Automated: Fully automatic defrost feature.
- Fully documentable: USB port enables both updating of software and downloading of event logs for full documentation.
- Space saving: Small footprint accommodates space restricted lab or clinic environments.