Key product features
- No formalin vapours
- Improved storage and filing
- Optimised fixation
- Completely automated
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC1)has classified formaldehyde as a class 1 carcinogen. This new classification is encouraging health authorities, surgical staff, pathologists and histotechnicians to look for ways to eliminate the substance from work environments. A critical exposure point for facility personnel is in the transfer of tissue from the surgical suite to the pathology lab.
- Less formalin: Reduction of volumes thanks to the possibility of decreasing the formalin/sample ratio. Lower disposal costs.
- Safety: Full automation prevents exposure of technical staff to formalin. The System is designed to pump formalin directly from commercially available containers.
- Standardisation and Quality: Consistent injection of the correct volume of formalin according to the weight of the specimen to ensure optimized fixation and histological results.
- Optimized Storage: Stand up specimen pouches and optimal preservation. Archival Storage in specimen bags reduces volume by up to 80%.
The space dimensions required to locate the unit are the following (drawer and cover opened): Width: 95cm Height: 140cm Depth: 185cm
|SealSAFE FULL (all tanks): 200kg (2 tanks of 20L)
SealSAFE EMPTY: 160kg (no tanks inside)
Unit density (when full): 425kg/m3.